Pages

Tuesday 2 August 2011

CHARCUT Roast House


 After watching Connie DeSousa, one of the Co-Executive chefs and Co-Owners of CHARCUT Roast House compete in "Top Chef Canada" I was determined to try some of her rustic culinary creations.

I must admit I had high expectations heading into the restaurant.  When we walked in we saw that it was a full house, having made reservations we were greeted at the door and seated right away.  The restaurant was well staffed and the timing of each dish that came out was perfect. Our waitress checked on us regularly and I never felt there was any impact on the service regardless of how busy it was.  The venue had a very modern and relaxed atmosphere that catered to a wide range of clientele.  We were seated next to a family with kids and across from us looked to be a girl’s night out dinner.

There was good selection on the menu but I knew I had to experience some of the dishes that were prepared for the judges in the Top Chef competition.  I knew if it was good enough to impress the judges it’s definitely going to impress me…and I was right about that one!  I would highly recommend trying the share burger, it’s tender with lots of flavor, and the saltiness of the meat accentuated the fried egg and the bun perfectly. I rarely order burgers at restaurants but once you take your first bite you’ll know what I’m raving about.

Summery

The food was delicious and the service was excellent.  I would recommend CHARCUT in a heartbeat; just make sure to make reservations so you are not left waiting.  The chefs embrace a passion for the food they serve and for their fans.  We ended the night with a picture and a signed menu from Connie herself.  This turned out to be a terrific dining experience.  I think this might have just made my top 10 favorites.



http://www.charcut.com/
Street View


CHARCUT Roast House on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I really loved my experience at CharCut! :) I would also go back in a heartbeat! yum!

    ReplyDelete